Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"You Got a Door, You Got a Gym!"


"Wanna get bigger, harder, stronger...?" This is the question asked of us by Jake Steinfeld creator of the Body By Jake line of fitness products in his new infomercial for the Tower 200.

I am usually the first 1 to point out the flaws and ridiculousness of infomercial fitness products (it may be the horrible acting in the adds or the guarantees each product promises to deliver), but I think this 1 may have finally sold me!

Here is the skinny on the Tower 200:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uINmw0smNQ8

(Ok, maybe the voice over in the ad is a bit annoying and seeing Greg Plitt perform the 200 exercises is a bit distracting to you ladies, but that aside, I think they do a good job of selling the product)

The reason I am sold on this product is this; I worked as a trainer at a private personal training studio in Vienna, VA for two years and the owner there had a Smart Gym as her only cable pulley system. When I first saw this ancient piece of equipment I thought, "well, this needs to go." but after training my clients on it and using it myself, I found it to be a very effective replacement for those expensive cable pulley machines. The Tower 200 from Body By Jake is basically the 2010 design of the old school Smart Gym with added resistance of up to 200 lbs.

For only $14.95 you can own the Tower 200, an exercise DVD (more on that in a second), and an exercise wall chart. I can definitely see the value of this and I think if you are the type of person that refuses to join a gym and wants to get into some strength training from home, you should look into purchasing this product.

Now I must let you all know that I am not endorsing this product for any monetary gain. Also, I have never touched or seen the live version of this product and I cannot speak to the quality of the craftsmanship, but they do offer you a lifetime warranty which says something about it's durability. What I'm saying is this, based on a first impression and having used a similar product and gotten (and given) results from it, I am comfortable standing behind it and letting my readers know my professional opinion.

I do have 1 problem with the ad and that is the guaranteed results that you will get "bigger, harder, and stronger in just 11 minutes a day with Randy Couture's 11 Minute No Excuses Workout." Hopefully by now you realize that you will not see results in just 11 minutes a day (although 11 minutes are better than 0 minutes) and that diet combined with exercise and consistency is the key to a better looking, healthier body. The add just needed a famous face to help push sales along, and why not piggy-back 1 of the most popular things going right now, MMA fighting?

I'd love to know what people think about it after using it, so please feel free to get back to me if you or someone you know gets a chance to use the Tower 200. I may eventually purchase 1 for myself, but for those of you that know me know that I am a "gym rat" and prefer the health club atmosphere.

5 comments:

  1. it's 14.99 for 30 days
    after that it 4 payments of 39.99
    so it's actually about 200 bucks

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah hah...there is always a catch!! thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya thanx but how do you no

    ReplyDelete
  4. he prolly bought it, or knows someone else...

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these home gyms are awesome. They really can work!

    ReplyDelete